Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The US and Canada > Hawaii
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Food adventure in Thailand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scullery Servant
Scullery Servant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frediq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food adventure in Thailand
    Posted: 10 June 2020 at 22:00
I am planning for a visit to Thailand as a part of my honeymoon adventure. I came to hear from my friends that Thailand has got so much variety food items to try. She also sent me this link: https://www.fundayholidays.com/blog/are-you-up-for-a-food-adventure-in-thailand/

So, I wanted to know whether anyone over here has tried Thailand cuisine? Please share your experience.
Sponsored Links

HistoricFoodie View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HistoricFoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 06:41
Welcome to Foods of the World,  Frediq.

If you go to the Southeast Asia forum, you'll find numerous threads dealing with Thai cuisine, as well as culinary insights into other countries in that part of the world. 
But we hae meat and we can eat
And sae the Lord be thanket
Wannabebwana View Drop Down
Cook
Cook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wannabebwana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2020 at 07:37
I dated a Vietnamese woman for about a year.  She was one of the boat refugees in the 80's (a harrowing experience) and brought her family here, so it was all traditional food.

It was seriously awesome.  It's still my favourite cuisine.  The ingredients are essentially the same as Thai but I find that Vietnamese tend to use fresh, raw vegetables more in the finished product, while Thai is cooked in.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic