Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Best Foods You Can Get - Your Own > Raising Animals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

Exotic or Unusual Wild Pets ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 13:58
Brad,

Labradors are fabulous dogs ... Great loyalty.

In Spain, they are used for the Blind ( Once Association which is affiliated with Helen Keller ).

They are truly are remarkable ...

They had changed from German Shepherds years ago here. German Shepherds are highly intelligent in Narcotics Traffiking and Police Investigations.

Have lovely evening and looking to forward to hear about your Portuguese Hunter´s Broth !

MCD.

Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

bkleinsmid View Drop Down
Cook's Assistant
Cook's Assistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkleinsmid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 14:19
Margi.......
I'm a member of the Lions Club. We sponsor a guide dog each year through the club. Although they train many different dog breeds, their preferred breed is a Golden Retriever and Gold Lab mix. Not sure why......

B~
Brad
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 14:30
Brad,

Here in Spain, they prefer the Labrador 100% black or yellow.

They have a sponsering programme too.

Prior to my providing Military Officers at 7.30am to 9.30am with English courses, via NATO and The UN, I provided Tefl English courses for ONCE ( denotes 11 - pronounced on say ), I had worked with the Director of Seeing Eye Dogs; and she had a black labrador ... He was such a wonderful dog.

This was back in 1997, when we first arrived in Spain, after having lived in Italy for several years.

Dolores had explained basically what I stated above; their character, their patience, and the fact that they are NOT nervous dogs, in public places; subways, buses, markets, rush hours, etc.

They have very calm temperments and are also Rescue Work Breed

Interesting work.

The UME, the Emergency Military; ( AVALANCHES, FIRES, HURRICANES, FLOODS, EARTHQUAKES AND ALL NATURAL DISASTERS ) are Spanish based however, they are called upon to assist in UN international assistance team work. Thus, they must have a C1 Level or Level 4 Advanced level; and I prepare them for this level ... 4 mornings a week.

Then, there are the BRIC PAC MILITARY ( NATO ) Para-troopers; who go on missions for example to Afghanistan ...  I provide same requirements, and they are all tested for this LEVEL 4 OR ADVANCED LEVEL.

I have been doing this for years, every morning ... though I am a publishing columnist and restaurant reporter for the English language Press in Italy and Spain ...

MCD.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic