Foods of the World Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Africa > North Africa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This site is completely supported by donations; there are no corporate sponsors. We would be honoured if you would consider a small donation, to be used exclusively for forum expenses.

Thank you, from the Foods of the World Forums!

i went to the "big city" and bought a tajine!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 10:46

Tas,

I look forward to seeing your pictorial. How do u manage to snap the photos while stirring, mincing, dicing, prepping & preparing the cooking vessel etcetra ?  Hug 

It is an art I need to master !

Marge.
Volamos a Mediterraneo, un paraiso que conquista su gente u su cocina.
Sponsored Links

TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 10:58
>>>How do u manage to snap the photos while stirring, mincing, dicing, prepping & preparing the cooking vessel etcetra ?<<<

My third hand, of course! LOL

No, just kidding - it's just a matter of timing and knowing LOTS of patience. for every "good" picture that I actually post, there are at least 5 "bad ones" that I took trying to get that one picture .... it is time consuming, to sort through them, then crop, size etc. them for posting - but very much worth it, I think ~
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 11:03
Geo,

I believe someone once asked me, about Tagines in the USA, and if I am not mistaken:

* Bed, Bath & Beyond
* Crate and Barrel
* Pottery Barn ?
* Macy´s Cellar ( I believe they have tagines )
* Bloomingdales

Hope this has assisted.
Marge.
Margi Cintrano View Drop Down
Master Chef
Master Chef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margi Cintrano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 11:07
Tas,

Which digital camera do you use for your pictorials ?

I am in the same boat so to speak; 5 bad photos to one good one ... I dislike the digital I am using at moment.

I love my German Benq, every photo I have ever taken, with a Benq has been professional and I have used them for my magazine work; see my photos on Switzerland ( Rapperswil and Zürich ), Carme Ruscadella etcetra ... It is a bit of an older model, however, the quality is notable.

It was quite an expensive camera when the Vet gave it to me as a gift in 2003 ...

The Casio, the Olympic and quite a few other brands, just do not have it ...

I like the Benq or the Panasomic or the Cannon.

Marge.
TasunkaWitko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasunkaWitko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 11:15

margi - mine is nothing too fancy, but it does the job well - it's a GE:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards.net/new-camera_topic1465.html

I seem to remember I had a Panasonic once that performed pretty well also, as well as a Samsung. Canon and Kodak are also good names that I am familiar with and have had success with, and I am sure that there are many very good European offerings, especially from Germany.

Unfortunately, a really good "high-end" camera is something I won't see for a good, long while. My kids are hard on cameras and we go through one a year it seems - although my current GE camera is just about a year old now. But no worries - most of the ones I have gotten have proved to be good performers - this GE being the best, in my opinion. I've never spent more that 100$US on a camera, and over-all have found them to perform well for the purposes of this forum.
If you are a visitor and like what you see, please click here and join the discussions in our community!
Percebes View Drop Down
Chef's Apprentice
Chef's Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percebes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2016 at 11:29
Perhaps I was only dreaming, but I recall seeing a Tajine on my last visit to Havre. North side of the highway West of 6th. Craft Supply Store
I am a wine enthusiast. The more wine I drink, the more enthusiastic I become.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic